How to Apply

Once we receive an approved I-129F petition, we send a notification letter to the petitioner, beneficiary and attorney of record via regular mail or email.

If you have been notified that the petition has been received by the U.S. Embassy In Kyiv, you are required to complete the following steps to prepare for your visa interview.

Please do not schedule the visa interview until you have completed Steps 1-4.

Step 1: Before the interview, fiancée visa applicants and dependents must submit DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, found at The DS-160 form should be filled out in English only. The printed confirmation page should be presented at the interview.

Step 2 – Assemble all of the documents (please see below) required in support of your application, including the I-134 Affidavit of Support from your fiance(e). Do not send any documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit.

Step 3 – Schedule a medical examination with the Embassy approved physician in Kyiv. The applicants for K visas require a medical examination; though they are not required to submit proof of vaccinations (vaccinations will be required when you adjust your status to LPR while in the U.S.).  Therefore applicants may wish to consider carrying their vaccination records with them to the United States to facilitate this process.

Information about the medical examination, including how to schedule an appointment, is available here

Step 4 –Once you have completed steps 1-3 above, make an appointment and register for passport delivery

Schedule Interview:  After you have obtained all of the documents that apply to your case, contact the Call Center or register online to schedule your visa appointment.

To schedule your visa interview appointment by telephone please call the Visa Information and Appointment Service at 38 044 383 8066 Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. or from the United States at 703 988 7107 from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST. You must have the case number and passport number for each applicant (principal applicant and derivative family members) ready when requesting a visa appointment.

To schedule your visa appointment online please visit this website:

Important note:  Please be informed that you will not be able to schedule your visa appointment until you pay your $265 visa application fee and obtain a visa confirmation receipt from the bank.

  • Print the following document: “Deposit Slip – $265 MRV Fee”, take this deposit slip to your nearest Raiffeisen Bank Aval branch and pay your $265 visa application fee. You will be provided a payment confirmation receipt by the bank. It takes approximately three to five hours for your payment transaction to become active.
  • Click the green button “Apply Now” on to create your profile, register for passport delivery, and schedule a visa appointment.
  • In order to schedule a visa interview appointment go to the tab “Schedule Appointment” and follow next steps:
  1. Select visa class – K1/K2/K3/K4
  2. Add a dependent(s) if you are applying with child(ren)
  3. Enter your payment confirmation receipt number provided to you by the bank
  4. Choose the available date and time of your visa interview on the online calendar
  5. Print the visa appointment confirmation page
  6. Bring the confirmation page with you for your visa interview appointment
  • In order to register for passport delivery go to the tab “IV Address Registration” and follow next steps:
  1. Select visa class – K1/K2/K3/K4
  2. Provide passport details
  3. Provide contact information
  4. Provide mailing address
  5. Provide preferred passport pickup location
  6. Print the confirmation page that will be available in PDF format
  7. Bring the confirmation page with you for your visa interview appointment

If you are unable to keep your visa appointment date, please visit the same website or call the Visa Information and Appointment Service to reschedule your visa appointment. Please be informed that you can reschedule your visa appointment three times only. If you are rescheduling your visa appointment for the fourth time, you will be required to pay a new visa application fee.

Personal appearance of every K visa applicant regardless of age is required.

Cancel Interview: To cancel your visa appointment, you need to call the call center with a request to do so and reschedule for another date.

Report Change: It is applicant’s responsibility to report a change of address, mistakes in spelling of given name or last name, or change in applicant’s situation such as marriage, death of petitioner, or birth of children. The corrections should be e-mailed to

Please do not send any documents to the Consular Section in Kyiv.

Required documents/ instructions (PDF, 75 KB):

  1. Passports: A passport must have at least six months’ validity beyond the planned date of travel to the U.S. Children may be included on a parent’s passport or they may have their own travel document.

Children who have their visas in their parent’s passport can only travel with the parent who also has a valid U.S. visa.

  1. Birth certificates: Original birth certificates must be presented for each person who is applying for a visa.
  2. Police certificates: Applicants aged 16 years and older must submit a police certificate from the country of nationality and the country of residence at the time of visa application, if the applicant has resided there for six months or more. (For example, an 18 year old Russian citizen residing in Ukraine must present a police certificate both from Russia and Ukraine).

Fiancée visa applicants must present a police certificate from all countries where they resided for 6 months or more after the age of 16, including the republics of the former USSR.

A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of how long he or she lived there. Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in any area. A certificate issued by the police authorities where the applicant now resides must be of recent date when presented to the consular officer. The term “police certificate” as used in this paragraph means a certification by appropriate police authorities stating what their records show concerning each applicant, including all arrests, the reasons for the arrests, and the disposition of each case of which there is a record. In Ukraine the certificate must be obtained in the oblast centers from the Departments of Information Technology at the Ministry of Internal Affairs, or in the local MIA service centers. The police certificate is valid for one year.

All police records issued for visa applicants who have changed their names need to bear all the names applicants have used. These include maiden names and names from previous marriages. If the name was obtained through means other than marriage or divorce, it should be listed on the police certificate as well. Certificates issued solely under the applicant’s current name will not be accepted.

Note: Police certificates from certain countries are considered unobtainable. To check the availability of police certificates in other countries, please go to . The information is located under U.S. Visas > U.S. Visa: Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country link.

  1. Military Records: A military record, if available, is required.
  1. Photographs: Two photographs for each applicant regardless of age (including children) with light background, size 50×50 mm, are required (the photos cannot be more than 6 months old). No head covering or glasses may be worn. Photos should be cropped and signed (last name and given name in English on the backside of each photo).
  2. Evidence of Support: Any evidence from your American spouse/fiancé(e) which will show the consular officer that you and members of your family who will accompany you will not become public charges while in the United States. Documentation regarding financial support can be in any form – preferably one year of tax returns, W-2s, bank statements, earning statements, letters from employers. Presenting only the affidavit of support I-134 form is not sufficient.The I-864 form is not required for a fiancé(e) visa.
  1. Marriage Certificates: Previously married persons are required to present their marriage certificate or name change certificates if they no longer have their marriage certificates. If the marriage certificate from the previous marriage has been submitted to the registrar’s office at the time of divorce, a change of name certificate must be obtained from the registrar’s office (RAGS).
  1. Change of Name Certificates: If the change of surname/name occurred not through the marriage, the change of name document must be provided.
  1. Divorce/Death Certificates:: Divorce certificate as a proof of termination of any previous marriage must also be submitted. If the spouse is deceased, a death certificate should be submitted.
  1. Proof of Relationship: Letters, e-mails, photos, phone bills, skype logs. Electronic media is not acceptable.
  1. Medical Examination: All visa applicants must have medical examinations at the time of the interview. Medical examination instructions are available here.
  1. Application Form: Before the interview, fiancée visa applicants and dependents must submit DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, found at The DS-160 form should be filled out in English only. The printed confirmation page should be presented at the interview.