The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit accepts passport applications by appointment to renew expiring or expired passports, or replace passports that have been lost, stolen, or mutilated.  ACS also accepts applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad and first U.S. passports for U.S. citizen children born outside of the United States.  Each U.S. citizen in Ukraine, including children and infants, must have his or her own valid passport.  A lost or stolen passport must be replaced immediately.

In cases where the applicant must travel urgently or has an immediate need for a passport, the Embassy can issue an emergency passport. The emergency passport can be exchanged later for a full validity passport at an Embassy or Consulate overseas or at a Passport Agency in the United States. For further information on passport services, please see the Department of State’s website on U.S. passports.

More detailed passport application information can be found in this section using the links at the bottom. Please contact the American Citizen Services Unit by email if the information you need is not available here.

Reminder for Dual National U.S. Citizens: U.S. law requires all U.S. citizens, including dual-national citizens, to enter the United States using their U.S. passport. We urge all U.S. citizens to keep their U.S. passports current.

Please note: Applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad and U.S. passports for children born in Crimea, as well as in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, must be accompanied by the appropriate Ukrainian civil documents. As discussed in “General Documents” in the reciprocity schedule for Ukraine, we do not accept or recognize the validity of Russian civil documents issued in Crimea or documents issued by the so-called “Donetsk People’s Republic” and “Luhansk People’s Republic.” For additional information regarding procedures for obtaining civil documents related to life events that occurred in Crimea and Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, please contact U.S. Embassy Kyiv’s American Citizen Services Unit at