To apply for a CRBA, your child must have been born in Ukraine and you must travel to the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv for the in-person interview.
To be eligible to apply for a CRBA online, you MUST answer all the following criteria with YES.
- Was the child born in Ukraine?
- Is the child under the age of 18?
- Was at least one parent a U.S. citizen or U.S. non-citizen national when the child was born?
- Can you use an internationally accepted credit/debit card or a direct payment method from a U.S. dollar denominated bank account (also known as “ACH”) to pay online for your Consular Report of Birth Abroad application?
- Are you a biological parent of a child born abroad who is applying for that child?
How to Apply
You can now apply for a CRBA electronically at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv! This new online feature allows U.S. citizen parents to complete a CRBA application online, upload all required documents, and submit payment prior to the in-person interview.
Note: Applicants must have a Login.gov account to access eCRBA services on the MyTravelGov portal. Instructions for creating a Login.gov account are available at MyTravel.state.gov. If you already have an eCRBA application in progress, use the same email address previously used to access the MyTravelGov website to create an account. This ensures a streamlined linkage between your existing profile and the new authentication system.
- To apply for a CRBA online, you need to create a MyTravelGov account. MyTravelGov is a secured, encrypted portal. Watch this video to learn more about creating your account.
- Once you have created a MyTravelGov account you can access eCRBA and submit your application online. The easy-to-use online process provides applicants with step-by-step instructions on how to complete the application. You may review the necessary documents for the CRBA application in advance by reviewing this checklist
- Once you complete the online application and submit payment (note: bring your online payment confirmation page to the interview), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make a CRBA appointment. Please do NOT make another (or duplicate) payment for a CRBA ($100) at the Embassy.
- Check your email and phone! You may receive notification before your interview from our Embassy staff if your application or documentation is incomplete.
- Attend your scheduled in-person interview: You MUST bring all original documents to your appointment. Please make sure you bring the same originals that you have submitted electronically. If you are bringing a duplicate document, e.g., an original copy of a birth certificate issued by a civil registry with a different ID number, please also upload it prior to the interview. Original documents will be returned to you after verification at the time of the interview. You must provide English translations for all foreign language documents. The child must be present at the time of application. Generally, both parents also attend the interview.