United States Embassy/Kyiv, Ukraine
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Exercise Caution and Be Mindful of Crowds, Congestion During Motorcycle Event through June 18
June 15, 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv informs U.S. citizens that there will be a large international gathering of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club in Kyiv from June 15 to 18. The main venue is being advertised as Pushkin Park on Peremohy Prospekt. During these days, you should expect possible traffic congestion around town.
We cannot discount the possibility of unexpected public disorder, therefore the Embassy cautions U.S. citizens to refrain from engaging in and avoid confrontations. Security authorities have advised that there will be an expanded and strong police presence throughout the duration of this event. Accordingly, all U.S. citizens are reminded to always cooperate and comply with instructions from local law enforcement.
Even public gatherings intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should
· Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
· Review their personal security plans; remain aware of their surroundings, including local events.
· Monitor local news stations for updates.
· Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information about security in Ukraine:
* The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv is located at 4 A.I. Sikorsky St., 04112 Kyiv, Ukraine. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of emergency assistance, please call +38-044-521-5566 during regular business hours or +38-044-521-5000 after hours. For non-emergency assistance, you can reach us via e-mail at KyivACS@state.gov
* See the Department of State’s travel website (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html) for the Worldwide Caution (http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html) , Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts (https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html) , and Country Specific Information (http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country.html) .
* Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (https://step.state.gov/step/) (STEP (https://step.state.gov/step/) ) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.