November 27, 2018
Location: Ukraine, countrywide
Event: The Ukrainian parliament approved November 26 a 30-day period of martial law effective November 28 at 14:00 for 10 regions of the country, including:
The U.S. Embassy is evaluating how this martial law might affect the relevants regions. In the meantime, the U.S. Embassy recommends Americans in Ukraine take the following steps.
Actions to Take:
- Reconsider travel to areas covered under the martial law decree;
- Expect heavier than normal police presence;
- Expect unexpected street closures, restrictions and searches;
- Avoid demonstrations;
- Be aware of your surroundings;
- Monitor local media for updates;
- Follow local law enforcement instructions;
- Notify friends and family of your safety;
- Review your personal security plans;
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to register your contact details and receive security updates;
- Follow Twitter and the U.S. Embassy’s Web page for additional updates.
- U.S. Embassy – Kyiv, Ukraine
+380-44-521-5000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Twitter will be our primary form of communication in the event of an emergency.