Location: Odesa, Ukraine
Event: Ukrainian law enforcement agencies are investigating improvised explosive device attacks that took place in the Arcadia area of Odesa on January 21 and 22, 2019. The attacks injured one individual and caused considerable damage. The U.S. Embassy believes these types of criminal attacks are likely to recur, and they could affect bystanders.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution when traveling to Odesa proper and the Arcadia area in particular.
- Be aware of your surroundings and employ sound situational awareness.
- Follow local law enforcement instructions.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy – Kyiv, Ukraine
+380-44-521-5000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates