Multiple airlines and charter companies currently offer flights from Ukraine’s international airports (Kyiv, Kharkiv, Odessa, Dnipro, Lviv, Zaporizhia, and Kherson). The following is a non-exhaustive list:
Please contact KyivACS@state.gov if you need financial assistance to purchase a ticket to the United States or if no seats are available on departing flights.
COVID Related Travel Requirements/Restrictions:
You must comply with COVID-related testing and vaccination requirements of the countries you visit as well as the regulations of the airlines. If you fail to do so, you may be denied entry or boarding. As requirements vary from country to country, please make sure you fully understand the COIVD requirements of each country you plan to visit. Most of the country-specific requirements can be found on the website of the U.S. embassy located in that country.
Travel to the United States:
All air passengers, regardless of citizenship status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before travel to the United States. All non-immigrant, non-U.S. citizen air travelers to the United States are also required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane. [More information can be found on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.]
Ukraine has seen a sharp increase in new COVID-19 cases, and we strongly encourage all U.S. citizens to get vaccinated to facilitate international travel. You can find information about COVID-19 testing facilities in Ukraine here.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Read the Department’s country information page for Ukraine.
- Familiarize yourself with information on what the U.S. government can and cannot do to assist you in a crisis overseas.
- Have a contingency plan in place that does not rely on U.S. government assistance. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your contingency plans based on the new information.
- Ensure travel documents are valid and easily accessible.
- See the U.S. Embassy’s website regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s website on Travel and COVID-19.
- Get a COVID vaccine to facilitate your travel.
- Understand the COVID testing and vaccine requirements for all countries that you will transit through to your destination.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Ukraine.
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 833 741 2777 or +1 606 260-4379 (if call from outside the United States)