Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Event: On March 15, the U.S. Department of State authorized the voluntary departure of non-essential U.S. government personnel and family members with high risk medical conditions for COVID-19. Authorized departure will be via commercial passenger services until such services are suspended.
Current travel restrictions in Ukraine:
- The Government of Ukraine has suspended all commercial passenger services, including flights, trains and passenger buses, to and from Ukraine for a period of two weeks beginning on 00:01 a.m., March 17.
- All foreigners will be barred from entering Ukraine effective 00:01 a.m., March 16.
- The U.S. Embassy urges all U.S. citizens who wish to leave via commercial air travel consider rescheduling their flights. Visit the website of the Office of the President of Ukraine for additional information on these new measures.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- For information on COVID-19 in Ukraine, visit the Ukrainian Ministry of Health Website: COVID-19 information page.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter