The Government of Ukraine announced that it is barring entry to all foreigners effective March 15, 2020, for a period of two weeks. Visit the website of Ukraine Cabinet Ministers for additional information on these new measures.
The Government of Ukraine has implemented enhanced screening measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
On March 11, the Ministry of Health released a notice regarding the potential for COVID-19 in Ukraine. The language of the notice is available on its website’s COVID-19 information page.
On March 13, the Department of State issued a Global Health Advisory Level 3 – Reconsider travel.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444