Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (March 22, 2020)
Event: Ukrainian International Airlines (UIA) is operating a direct flight from Kyiv to New York City JFK airport on March 25 from Kyiv Boryspil Airport (KBP). At this time, this is the only direct way to travel between Ukraine and the United States. If you need to leave Ukraine, you should strongly consider booking this flight.
U.S. citizens interested in departing on this flight must book directly with UIA. Tickets are currently on sale through https://www.flyuia.com/ua/en/information/fly-home. This is not a U.S. government-operated or -funded flight. The Embassy is liaising with UIA to provide travel information for interested U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens who are unable to purchase tickets should contact the Embassy via email at email@example.com. As we have additional information on this or other departure opportunities, we will notify registered U.S. citizens through STEP.
The Embassy is unable to assist travelers with transportation to the airport. Kyiv has suspended use of public transportation for non-essential workers. U.S. citizens will need to secure private transportation to the airport, such a private car or taxi.
U.S. citizens without a valid passport who wish to book this flight should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request information on how to obtain an emergency passport.
In the United States, passengers may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, and monitoring requirements upon reentry to the United States. For additional questions, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Information for Travel page.
On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
4 A.I. Sikorsky St. (formerly Tankova)
04112 Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter