Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Event: On March 14, the Government of Ukraine announced that it is suspending all commercial flights to and from Ukraine for a period of two weeks beginning on 00:01 a.m., March 17. This is in addition to barring entry for all foreigners effective 00:01 a.m., March 16. All border crossing points will be closed, including all land borders. The U.S. Embassy urges all U.S. citizens who wish to leave before the border closures to consider rescheduling their flights. Visit the website of the Office of the President of Ukraine for additional information on these new measures.
As of March 16, U.S. Embassy Kyiv will suspend all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services until further notice. The U.S. Embassy in Ukraine will continue to provide all services for U.S. citizens, including adoptions. Please see below for contact information.
U.S. government personnel are on reduced work schedules and encouraging social distancing. Personnel are further advised to avoid large gatherings and minimize non-essential travel.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- For information on COVID-19 in Ukraine, see the Ukrainian Ministry of Health Website: COVID-19 information page.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- State Department – Consular Affairs