Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Event: On March 11, the Ministry of Health released a notice regarding the potential for COVID-19 in Ukraine. Visit the local government COVID-19 website for the language of the notice and updated information. The government of Ukraine has implemented additional control measures nationwide. Schools are closed for three weeks, effective March 12. Large public gatherings (more than 200 people) have been restricted across the country.
The government of Ukraine has implemented enhanced screening measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Cabinet Ministers of Ukraine for additional information on these new measures. U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid large gatherings and minimize non-essential travel.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.