Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of pneumonia first identified in Wuhan, China, caused by a novel coronavirus.
• Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding news and travel updates.
• Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
• Seek medical care right away, if you traveled to Wuhan and feel sick or were exposed to someone who was in Wuhan in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
• U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
+380 44 521 5000
• State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Ukraine Country Specific Information
• Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.
• Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.