Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (March 31, 2020)
Event: (NEW) Although no commercial flights are available at this time, all U.S. citizens interested in possible evacuation should be prepared to leave on short notice and notify the U.S. Embassy that they are ready to travel. Check the validity of your U.S. passport. If it expires in the next three months, send an email to KyivACS@state.gov to schedule an emergency appointment to renew it. Please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), and in addition, provide your name and contact information to our email address KyivUSCitizen@state.gov so we can contact you as soon as we have any further updates.
Your email message should include the following information:
- Your full name as spelled in your passport
- Information we can use to contact you now – a current phone number and email address.
- Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Your passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration. If it is not a U.S. passport, please note the country that issued it. Please also note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members traveling with you.
- Please note your current location (city and country) and any special needs you may have, such as medical issues.
- Your travel plans and whether or not you are requesting financial assistance from the U.S. Government (please be aware that financial assistance is a loan and must be repaid).
Ukrainian government officials announced that all passenger air travel in Ukraine, including ongoing repatriation flights, will be suspended after March 27. General quarantine procedures in Ukraine have been extended through April 24. Additional information on COVID-19 in Ukraine is available at the Embassy’s webpage.
In the United States, passengers may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, and monitoring requirements upon reentry to the United States. For additional questions, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Information for Travel page.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
4 A.I. Sikorsky St. (formerly Tankova)
04112 Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter