Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (March 30, 2020)
Event: The State Border Guard Service of Ukraine announced that foreign citizens who have not been able to prolong the period of their stay in Ukraine or to renew their residence permits, will not be penalized for violations occurring during the period of quarantine. For more information, see https://dpsu.gov.ua/en/news/Border-guards-will-not-hold-accountable-foreigners-for-the-violation-of-rules-of-being-in-Ukraine-in-quarantine-case/.
The final direct flight to the United States departed on March 27. No further flights to the United States are scheduled at this time. We will maintain a list of U.S. citizens who are considering leaving Ukraine for the United States. Please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), in addition, provide your name and contact information to our email address KyivUSCitizen@state.gov so we can contact you as soon as we have any further updates.
Your email message should include the following information:
- Your full name as spelled in your passport
- Information we can use to contact you now – a current phone number and email address.
- Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Your passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration. If it is not a U.S. passport, please note the country that issued it. Please also note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members traveling with you.
- Please note your current location (city and country) and any special needs you may have, such as medical issues.
- Your travel plans and whether or not you are requesting financial assistance from the U.S. Government (please be aware that financial assistance is a loan and must be repaid).
Ukrainian government officials announced that all passenger air travel in Ukraine, including ongoing repatriation flights, will be suspended after March 27. General Quarantine procedures in Ukraine have been extended through April 24. Additional information on COVID-19 in Ukraine is available at the Embassy’s webpage.
In the United States, passengers may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, and monitoring requirements upon reentry to the United States. For additional questions, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Information for Travel page.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
4 A.I. Sikorsky St. (formerly Tankova)
04112 Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter