Event: Ukrainian cities implement stricter quarantine
Currently, Ukraine is divided into four epidemiological zones (green, yellow, orange, and red) depending on the COVID-19 situation in each region. Each zone triggers a distinct set of quarantine restrictions. Many of the major cities are considered red zone. Please check with local authorities regarding local quarantine guidelines.
In response to the surge in COVID-19 cases, Kyiv city government has introduced further quarantine measures starting April 5 until April 16, 2021, which will include the following restrictions:
- Closure of schools and kindergartens
- Closure of all public transport to people without special passes (essential workers and employees of critical infrastructure enterprises)
- Restaurants and cafes will continue to work in takeaway or delivery mode only
- Ban on food fairs starting April 1
- Kyiv City Government website
- Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers COVID-19 website
- Ukraine’s Ministry of Health COVID-19 information
- Ukraine Public Health Center
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444