Event: Government of Ukraine implements new entry requirements
In response to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases, the government of Ukraine has introduced new entry requirements.
As of March 24, all foreigners traveling to Ukraine (regardless of country of origin) must have:
- a negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test done within 72 hours of entering Ukraine, and
- health insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment in Ukraine
Children under 12 are exempt from the test requirement. Diplomats accredited to Ukraine, refugees, plane/ship crews, and NATO personnel training Ukrainian military are exempt from both requirements.
- Ukraine’s official travel information portal
- Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers COVID-19 website
- Ukraine’s Ministry of Health COVID-19 information
- Ukraine Public Health Center
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States .