Event: Kyiv implements strict quarantine
In response to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases, Kyiv city government has introduced quarantine measures starting March 20 until April 9, 2021, which will include the following restrictions:
- Closure of cinemas, theaters, museums, and other cultural establishments
- Closure of shopping malls and stores except for grocery stores, pharmacies, pet stores, shops selling hygiene products and household chemicals
- No religious services, public and sport events
- Limitation of restaurant, cafes, and catering establishments’ operations to “takeaway” mode only
- Beauty salons will operate by appointment only
- Spring break starts on March 22 in schools; kindergartens will continue to operate
- Public transportation will work as usual, but with maximum 50% of seat occupancy
- Kyiv City Government website
- Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers COVID-19 website
- Ukraine’s Ministry of Health COVID-19 information
- Ukraine Public Health Center
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States