January 8, 2021
Event: The Government of Ukraine implements quarantine
In order to prevent an increase in COVID-19 cases following the recent holidays, the government of Ukraine has introduced quarantine measures starting January 8 until January 24, 2021, which include the following restrictions:
- Closure of:
- All educational institutions, except for kindergartens.
- Cultural institutions, theaters, and cinemas.
- Gyms, fitness centers, and swimming pools.
- Non-food open markets.
- Limitation of restaurant, cafes, and catering establishments’ operations to “takeaway” mode only
- No public entertainment, sports (with spectators), social events, and concerts.
- Only authorized establishments will be open in shopping and entertainment malls.
The following places will remain open:
- Pharmacies and veterinary pharmacies
- Gas stations
- Banks and ATMs
- Post offices
- Beauty/hair salons and barber shops (by appointment)
- Hotels (can serve food from 6 am until 11 am)
The following activities will be allowed:
- All public, intercity, and interregional transportation will operate as usual.
- Sale of food products
- Sale of hygiene products, communications equipment, animal feed
- Sale of household chemicals and printed publications
- Repair and maintenance of vehicles
- Sports events without spectators
- Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers COVID-19 website
- Ukraine’s Ministry of Health COVID-19 information
- Ukraine Public Health Center
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- After hours (380-44) 521 – 5000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter