November 12, 2020
Event: The Government of Ukraine tightens quarantine
In response to the rapidly rising levels of COVID-19 in the country, the government of Ukraine has extended the adaptive quarantine until December 31, 2020. As of November 12, the country will no longer be split into four epidemiological zones; rather, all of Ukraine will be considered an orange zone with the following quarantine restrictions during the week:
- No public events of 20 people and more
- No operation of accommodation establishments (hostels, tourist bases, etc.), except hotels
- Restaurants will operate only from 7:00 am until 10:00 pm.
- Closure of night clubs
- Travel in public transportation is limited only to seated passengers
Wearing masks that properly cover both mouth and nose is mandatory on public transportation and in public places. Individuals and establishments can be fined for not complying.
In addition to the above restrictions, starting November 14 until November 30, the Ukrainian government has introduced a “weekend quarantine,” which includes the following restrictions from Friday midnight until Sunday midnight:
- Closure of all entertainment and shopping centers, gyms, and swimming pools
- No public events
- Limitation of restaurant operations to “takeaway” mode only
- Only “essential” stores like grocery shops, banks, pharmacies, post offices, and gas stations will remain open
- Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers COVID-19 website
- Ukraine’s Ministry of Health COVID-19 information
- Ukraine Public Health Center
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- After hours (380-44) 521 – 5000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter