August 4, 2020
Event: Updated Adaptive Quarantine
The government of Ukraine has extended the adaptive quarantine until August 31. Currently, Ukraine is divided into four epidemiological zones (green, yellow, orange, and red) depending on the COVID-19 situation in each region. The zones will be revised on a weekly basis. Each zone triggers a distinct set of quarantine restrictions. Please check with local authorities regarding local quarantine guidelines.
The Ministry of Health considers the United States a country with high incidence of COVID-19. U.S. citizens entering Ukraine will be required to enter into self-quarantine or take a COVID-19 test upon arrival at international airports in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Lviv.
U.S. citizens will not be required to self-quarantine or take a COVID-19 test upon arrival if they take a PCR test 48 prior to traveling to Ukraine and the result is negative. The Ministry of Health recommends that the document showing the results should:
- Be in English (translation into Ukrainian is preferable, if possible)
- State the sample collection time and the time when results were received
- Specifically mention test type – PCR – polymerase chain reaction
- Show the full name, date of birth, and passport number for the traveler
- Include the name, address, and contact details of the lab performing the test
- Clearly state the result – COVID19 NO or COVID19 YES
The Ministry reviews the list of countries with high incidence every three days and publishes any updates on its website. U.S. citizens traveling to Ukraine should check the latest determination prior to travel.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566