Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (July 24)
The government of Ukraine has extended the adaptive quarantine until August 31. Starting August 1, Ukraine will be divided into four epidemiological zones (green, yellow, orange, and red) depending on the COVID-19 situation in each region. The Ministry of Health will assign each zone a color based on four COVID-19-related criteria. Each zone triggers a distinct set of quarantine restrictions. Please check with local authorities regarding local quarantine guidelines.
The Ministry of Health considers the United States a country with high incidence of COVID-19. U.S. citizens entering Ukraine will be required to enter into self-quarantine or take a COVID-19 test upon arrival at international airports in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Lviv. Test results are e-mailed within 24 hours, and passengers should follow the self-quarantine protocol until the results are communicated to the Public Health Center.
The Ministry will review the list of countries with high incidence every three days and publish any updates on its website. U.S. citizens traveling to Ukraine should check the latest determination prior to travel.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
After hours: (380-44) 521 – 5000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter