Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (July 8, 2020)
Event: Updated Entry and Exit Requirements
The Ukrainian government has launched Visit Ukraine Today, a new platform that provides information on the entry and exit requirements for foreign travelers who plan to visit Ukraine. The website contains information regarding observation and self-isolation requirements, medical insurance requirements and options, and specific instructions on how to take a COVID-19 PCR test and submit the results through the “Dii vdoma” mobile application to end the self-isolation requirement.
Currently, the Ministry of Health considers the United States a “Red Zone” country with a high incidence of COVID-19. Visit Ukraine Today provides instructions for foreigners arriving from “Red Zone” countries who cross the border of Ukraine on how to install the “Dii vdoma” application upon arrival and select one of following options:
1. Observation in specialized locations;
2. 14 days self-isolation at a private residence;
3. Taking a PCR COVID-19 test after crossing the state border.
U.S. citizens entering Ukraine will be required to select one of these options as long as the Ministry of Health considers the United States a country with high incidence of COVID-19. The Ministry will review the list of countries with high incidence every three days and publish any updates on their website. Accordingly, U.S. citizens traveling to Ukraine should check the latest determination prior to travel and be prepared to comply with these regulations upon arrival.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Monitor the Ministry of Health website regularly for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
After hours: (380-44) 521 – 5000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter