Event: Extension of COVID-19 quarantine until July 31
Following several days of record increases in registered COVID-19 cases (80% rise in the past month), the government of Ukraine has extended the adaptive quarantine until July 31.
Quarantine levels and restrictions vary by region. Please check with local authorities regarding local quarantine guidelines.
Wearing masks in public places, including public transportation, at all times is mandatory.
U.S. Embassy Kyiv continues to operate at reduced staffing and practice social distancing. Routine visa services remain suspended until further notice, and the Embassy is providing limited American Citizens Services, including adoptions and emergency services. Please visit our website for additional information on requesting an appointment.
Actions to Take:
- Practice social distancing and wear masks in public spaces.
- For updates in English, follow the official website of the Government of Ukraine.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
After hours: (380-44) 521 – 5000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter