Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (June 14, 2020)
Event: Entry and Exit Requirements for Ukraine
The Ukrainian government has lifted the entry ban for foreigners. U.S. citizens will be allowed to enter Ukraine if they can demonstrate that they have medical insurance covering all expenses related to COVID-19 treatment while on the territory of Ukraine. U.S. citizens entering Ukraine will be required to enter into self-quarantine if the Ministry of Health considers the United States a country with high incidence of COVID-19. That determination will be reviewed and communicated to Border Police every three days. Accordingly, U.S. citizens traveling to Ukraine should be prepared to self-isolate if advised to do so upon arrival.
Commercial international passenger services to and from Ukraine will gradually resume as of June 15. U.S. citizens interested in departing Ukraine can find information about future flights by visiting the airlines’ websites. Currently, there are two direct flights operated by Ukraine International Airlines on June 22 to New York City and on June 24 to Miami. Many land border checkpoints with neighboring countries have also re-opened. You can find a full list of currently open border crossings here.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Monitor airline websites regularly for flight information and availability.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter