Event: Gradual easing of COVID-19 quarantine starting on May 22
The government of Ukraine has announced the gradual easing of certain COVID-19 quarantine measures under an “adaptive quarantine” plan, according to which services and institutions will re-open in stages if certain conditions are fulfilled, as follows:
Starting on May 22:
- All public transportation except metro systems
- Hotels (excluding restaurants and gyms)
- Church services
- Sporting events without spectators
- Intra-regional transportation
Starting on May 25:
- Day care centers
- Metro systems
Starting on May 31:
- Sports gyms (except group classes larger than 10 people)
- Inter-regional transportation, including the resumption of passenger rail travel on Ukrzaliznytsia (Ukrainian Railways)
Starting on June 10:
- Restaurants and coffee shops
- Cultural institutions
Starting on June 15th, the government may start allowing regular passenger flights.
U.S. Embassy Kyiv continues to operate at reduced staffing and practice social distancing. Routine visa services remain suspended until further notice, and the Embassy is providing limited American Citizens Services, including adoptions and emergency services. Please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- For updates in English, follow the official website of the Government of Ukraine.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel. (380-44) 521 – 5566
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter