May 8, 2020
Event: The U.S. Embassy has learned that the Ukraine International Airlines flight to New York City on May 15 will not be open for passengers. We will continue to pursue additional repatriation options. U.S. citizens interested in returning to the United States should notify the Embassy here.
Make sure that you are enrolled in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/ to receive our updates. If there are any flight options, we will notify the American community through STEP.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor UIA’s site regularly.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.