Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (May 7, 2020)
Event: Potential Ukraine Airlines flight Kyiv-New York on May 15
Ukrainian International Airlines (UIA) is planning to operate a direct flight from Kyiv to New York City JFK airport on or around May 15 from Kyiv Boryspil Airport (KBP). Tickets are not yet available for sale. U.S. citizens interested in purchasing tickets on this flight should monitor the UIA website regularly and book directly with UIA on its site.
This would not be a U.S. government-operated or -funded flight. The Embassy cannot help you purchase tickets. You must purchase your own ticket through the website once available. As we have additional information on this or other departure opportunities, we will notify registered U.S. citizens through STEP.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor UIA’s site regularly.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.