Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (May 5, 2020)
Event: Official quarantine extended to May 22
The government of Ukraine has extended certain quarantine measures until May 22 to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The government announced it would likely ease the following restrictions with appropriate distancing and sanitary requirements, effective May 11:
- Parks, squares, recreational areas, beauty salons and hairdressers are expected to reopen
- Cafes and restaurants likely will begin to serve customers outdoors
Ukrainian schools will continue with online distance learning and conclude on May 31. For further information, visit the website of the Ministry of Education.
U.S. Embassy Kyiv has suspended most routine visa services until further notice. The Embassy is providing limited American Citizens Services, including adoptions and emergency services. Please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.