Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (April 29, 2020)
Event: Repatriation Flights via Amsterdam and Toronto
Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) has announced several repatriation flights, including to Amsterdam on May 1 and Toronto on May 5. Connecting flights to the United States are available from those two airports. Several flights to other European destinations are also listed on UIA’s website; however, the Embassy strongly advises against booking these flights, as U.S. citizens are either not authorized to transit these airports, or there are no direct connecting flights to the United States.
U.S. citizens interested in departing on these flights must book directly with UIA on their website. These are not U.S. government-operated or -funded flights. Tickets for connecting flights are the responsibility of the traveler.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter