Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (April 21, 2020)
Event: Flights to the United States on April 22 and April 26
The Department of State and the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine have arranged a special chartered flight for U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents departing on Wednesday, April 22 from Kyiv Boryspil Airport direct to Washington D.C. Dulles Airport (IAD). Current departure time is 9:30 am (Kyiv time), arriving at IAD at 13:00 (EST) on April 22. Times are subject to change.
All confirmed travelers have been assigned a specific time to arrive at the airport for check-in. If you have received confirmation that you are on the flight but have not received additional instructions on check-in, please contact KyivUSCitizen@state.gov immediately. In order to avoid delays, please make every effort to arrive at the airport at your designated time. If you have not received notification that you are on the flight, please do not attempt to travel to the airport, as you will not be allowed on the premises.
As a reminder:
- You will be allowed 2 checked bags per person (40 kg in total for both) and one personal item, such as a purse or backpack, that will fit under the seat in front of you. The aircraft does not have overhead bins, so no carry-on suitcases are permitted.
- No pets are allowed (service animals excepted).
- Food and beverages will be provided on board, but special dietary consideration cannot be accommodated. You can bring your own food on board.
- You will sign a promissory note at the airport. We will not accept payment for the flight via cash, check, or credit card at this time.
Tickets are still available at www.flyuia.com for the Ukrainian International Airlines (UIA) flight from Kyiv to Miami on April 26. You must manually search for one-way tickets from Kyiv-KBP to Miami on April 26 using the “search flights” function. This is not a U.S. government-operated or -funded flight. The Embassy cannot help you purchase tickets. You must purchase your own ticket through the website.
If you are a Ukrainian citizen, including Lawful Permanent Residents or immigrant visa holders, who purchased tickets on the April 26 UIA flight, you should email KyivUSCitizen@state.gov with your name, date of birth, passport number and type of travel document (green card or immigrant visa category) so that we can confirm your admissibility to the United States with the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Doing so will greatly facilitate your departure from Ukraine.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter