Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (April 19, 2020)
Event: Additional Flights to the United States
The Embassy still has space available on the April 22 charter flight from Kyiv to Washington-Dulles. Passengers who have previously indicated their interest in this flight have received emails from the Embassy with additional details and confirming their seat on this flight. Passengers who choose this option should confirm this no later than 12pm on Monday, April 20, by emailing KyivUSCitizen@state.gov. In addition, tickets are still available at www.flyuia.com for the Ukrainian International Airlines (UIA) flight from Kyiv to Miami on April 26.
The instructions for the flights are different, so please read the information below carefully. Please also note that there may be a significant price difference between the two flights. The final price of the Department of State charter flight will not be known in advance but may be up to a maximum of $1,800. UIA has advertised its flight for $1,000.
Seats on the U.S. charter flight on April 22 are still available. Travelers who choose this option should submit the documents requested below as soon as possible. If you have already provided these documents please do not resubmit them. All passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight and sign a promissory note to that effect before boarding. The Embassy will not accept cash, check or credit card payments at the airport. You will be responsible for any arrangements or costs (lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) beyond your initial destination in the U.S.
- Form DS5528 Promissory Note (fill it out electronically and email it back to us at KyivUSCitizen@state.gov). If you are traveling with minor children, you can include them on your own form, no need to fill out separate forms for each child). Please, type in the form in CAPITAL LETTERS. You will sign the form at the airport.
- Flight Manifest Form (fill out online and submit). Fill out the form for each member of your traveling party. Please, only submit ONE entry for each person.
- A copy of your passport/green card/visa/other travel document (attach a photocopy/scan).
The flight on April 26 is operated by UIA, and tickets are available from their website. Travelers must manually search for one-way tickets from Kyiv-Boryspil to Miami on April 26 using the “search flights” function. This is not a U.S. government-operated or -funded flight. The Embassy is coordinating with UIA to provide further travel information for interested U.S. citizens. Ukrainian citizens, such as Lawful Permanent Residents or immigrant visa holders who wish to take this flight should notify the Embassy once they purchase tickets so that we can confirm your admissibility to the United States with the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Doing so will greatly facilitate your departure from Ukraine.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.