Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (April 14, 2020)
Event: Special Flight Leaving Kyiv on Wednesday, April 15 to the United States
The Department of State and the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine have arranged a special chartered flight for U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents departing on Wednesday, April 15 from Kyiv, Boryspil Airport direct to Washington, DC, Dulles Airport (IAD). Current departure time is 5:00 pm (Kyiv time), arriving at IAD at 1:00 am (EST) on April 16. Times are subject to change.
All confirmed travelers have been assigned a specific time to arrive at the airport for check-in. If you have received confirmation that you are on the flight or on the standby list, but have not received instructions on check-in and transportation, please contact KyivUSCitizen@state.gov immediately. In order to avoid delays, please make every effort to arrive at the airport at your designated time. Individuals who arrive before their designated time slot will not be permitted to begin processing. If you have not received notification that you are on the flight or on the standby list, please do not attempt to travel to the airport, as you will not be allowed on the premises. As a reminder:
- You will be allowed 2 checked bags per person (40 kg in total for both), one carry-on piece, and one personal item on the plane.
- No pets are allowed (service animals excepted).
- Food and beverages will be provided on board, but special dietary consideration cannot be accommodated. You can bring your own food on board.
- A promissory note will be signed at the airport. We will not accept payment for the flight via cash, check, or credit card.
The April 15 flight is full. If you have not received a phone call or an email notifying you that you have been selected or that you are on standby, that means that you do not have a seat on the plane. If you are still interested in returning to the United States, please send us a brief message with your name and a phone number where you can be reached to KyivUSCitizen@state.gov. We will continue to search for options and will provide information on any future flights should they become available.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.