June 10, 2021
Event: Government of Ukraine implements new entry requirements
The government of Ukraine has introduced new entry requirements. As of June 2, all foreigners traveling to Ukraine (regardless of country of origin) must have:
- a negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test done within 72 hours of entering Ukraine, OR
- a negative rapid Antigen Test for SARS-CoV-2, OR
- a document confirming the receipt of a full course of vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines on WHO’s list of approved vaccines,
(Children under 12 are exempt from the testing and vaccination requirements).
- proof of medical insurance covering all expenses related to COVID-19 treatment while on the territory of Ukraine, which can be purchased online at https://visitukraine.today.
Diplomats accredited to Ukraine, refugees, plane/ship crews, and NATO personnel training Ukrainian military are exempt from these requirements.
- Ukraine’s official travel information portal
- Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers COVID-19 website
- Ukraine’s Ministry of Health COVID-19 information
- Ukraine Public Health Center
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States