Event: Kyiv city government has announced easing of quarantine restrictions in the city starting May 1, 2021. Easing measures include the following:
- All public transportation will resume normal mode of operation (in compliance with the previous established anti-epidemic norms and rules).
Reopening of the following businesses and facilities:
- Retail stores, shopping and entertainment centers, markets, and fairs
- Bars, restaurants, and catering establishments
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Institutions providing administrative services
- Schools, kindergartens/preschools, and institutions of higher education will reopen May 5th.
In addition, several other regions have eased their COVID-19 restrictions. Please check with your local authorities for further details.
- Kyiv City Government website
- Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers COVID-19 website
- Ukraine’s Ministry of Health COVID-19 information
- Ukraine Public Health Center
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter