Location: Ukraine – Kyiv and countrywide
Event: A demonstration is planned to begin at 1400 hours on Sunday, May 24, at Independence Square (Maidan Nezalezhnosti), located on Khreschatyk Street near the city center. Social media reports approximately 3000 people are planning to attend with potential for thousands more. The organizer and some of the groups associated with this movement have been linked to public disorder and have a history of confrontations with police and security forces.
Organizers of the protest have called for additional protests at city administration buildings throughout Ukraine.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Expect heavier than normal police presence.
- Expect street closures, restrictions, and searches.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Follow local law enforcement instructions.
- Monitor local media for updates.