Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Event: On December 8, 2019, at 1:00 PM, there is a planned large-scale protest at Independence Square (Maidan Nezalezhnosti) and Bankova Street near the Presidential Administration. Thousands of protesters and 3000 police are expected to be present.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Expect street closures, restrictions, and searches.
- Be aware of your surroundings and employ good situational awareness skills at all times.
- Follow local law enforcement instructions.
- Monitor local media for updates.
U.S. Embassy – Kyiv, Ukraine
+380-44-521-5000 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444