Location: Kharkiv city center
Event: On September 15, 2019, the city of Kharkiv will host its first Pride Parade near the city center. Groups opposing the event are planning a large countermarch to disrupt the event. Embassy staff have been encouraged to consider avoiding the area.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings of protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy – Kyiv, Ukraine
+380-44-521-5000 (After hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Ukraine Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter